Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ralph

I really think Ralph Waldo Emerson had it right. "Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience." Unexpectedly, on this busy day, I did just that. After raking and mulching leaves for compost, I was tired and the air was nice. I ignored everything indoors that was calling for me and slumped down in a chair in the backyard and just looked up at the tree tops. The angle of the funky Adirondack-stylie chairs Scott made is perfect for slumping and lounging and gazing upward without any stress on the neck.

So there I sat, for at least 20 leisurely minutes, just looking at the colors and form of the beloved trees and watching their leaves fall, slowly down. Some even landed on me.

Nothing like living your favorite nature quote. Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment